Even if you work in a corporate recruiting function with low resources or minimal expectations for change, every recruiter still has a professional obligation to maintain their awareness of the latest trends and predictions. I have grouped 25 predictions of the leading corporate recruiting trends for 2014 into four separate sections. Part 1 includes two sections that cover 14 new opportunities and continuing current trends. Part 2 (to be published next week) includes the final two sections, which cover 11 remaining trends that cover new challenges and areas that will continue to diminish in importance.
Section 1: The Hottest Recruiting Opportunities for 2014
The eight top opportunities that will dominate strategic corporate recruiting during 2014 include:
The competition for top talent intensifies — you could call 2014 “the year that intense recruiting competition returned.” That is because after years of slack hiring, the competition for top performers and technical talent will increase over the next year in many industries to the point where current recruiting resources and tools will be stretched to the limit. Aggressiveness, the need for counteroffers, higher rejection rates, and a renewed focus on recruiting the currently employed will all return to prominence. As a result of this increased competition, executives will begin to put pressure on recruiting to produce new recruiting approaches that provide them with a competitive talent advantage.
- Don’t Go Bankrupt Hosting a Career Fair – Part 1 (intercall.com)
- 5 Reasons You Should Look For a Job Right Now (business.time.com)
- Social Insights Show How Recruiters Engage on Twitter (cmswire.com)
- Seduce your employees all over again (theglobeandmail.com)
- 8 Important Hiring Trends for 2014 (tech.co)
- Social Recruiting Predictions – 2014 (hrschoolhouse.com)
- eQuest to Deliver Big Data Insights at #truCollegeRecruiter Conference in Dallas (prweb.com)
- Recruiting Trends Conference 2013 to Feature Session on Mobile Candidates (virtual-strategy.com)
- Recruiting Trends Conference 2013 to Include Employer Branding Workshop Focused on Millennial Candidates (virtual-strategy.com)
- Recruiters to Learn About Driving Innovation in Talent Acquisition from Industry Experts (virtual-strategy.com)