Great Tips from regarding sourcing from Talent Blog
Tip 1: Don’t let Boolean bloat your search results – The NOT is as important as the AND
It only took me a few Boolean searches to get hooked. I could quote and bracket my way to a wealth of talent that almost became addictive. Each search became ever more complicated and I felt I was becoming the Boolean master until I noticed my colleagues begin to generate ever more precise results by not just focusing on the AND or the OR, but also the NOT.
It’s important to remember that Boolean search results are irrespective of date so if you are searching for a SAP analyst for example, your search could return candidates who were once a SAP analyst, but have since progressed to director of SAP analysts. Including a simple NOT “director” is all it takes.
- How to Make the Most of LinkedIn Groups (socialmediatoday.com)
- Webinar Tomorrow: Boolean Search Logic for Recruiters (virtual-strategy.com)
- CEOs of America’s Largest Companies Embracing Twitter and LinkedIn (Facebook, not so much) (domo.com)
- Find Employees Online: Social Media Recruiting on LinkedIn (staples.com)
- Recruitment Is Undergoing A Sea of Change And Innovation (blogs.sap.com)
- 5 Tips to Make Your LinkedIn Profile Exceptional (globalgreenleaders.wordpress.com)
- LinkedIn Reaches 1 MILLION Users (jessicaleeman.wordpress.com)
- Even More Information (dpmktg.com)
- 5 ways to connect with LinkedIn members; the good, bad, and the ugly (thingscareerrelated.com)