Thanksgiving Day will soon be here,
It comes around but once a year,
If I could only have my way,
We’d have Thanksgiving every day.
‘Twas night before Thanksgiving and in my sleep,
Strange dreams in my mind, began to creep
Thanksgiving leftovers beckoned—the dark meat
and white, but I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation…
The thought of snack became infatuation…
So to the kitchen I did race. Flung open the door,
And gazed at the fridge full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans, and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
Till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground!
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky…
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie,
But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees,
HAPPY EATING TO ALL!
PASS THE CRANBERRIES PLEASE!
To all of you!!
- Happy Thanksgiving (friendlychurchli.wordpress.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (helenjameson.wordpress.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (goaupairphiladelphia.wordpress.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (midwaycommunitychurch.typepad.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! (deanieblog.wordpress.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (carladavidblog.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving!! (godsgenerations.wordpress.com)